By Mary Clayton, Digital Marketing Manager
Holidays are one of the times customers are willing and ready to spend! As a marketer, you’re pummeled with to-do’s on a daily basis. With the holidays being the busiest season for so many marketers, you may find that you need a little help. We’ve got you covered with these simple tips we encourage you to steal for your marketing this holiday season!
- Spread holiday cheer by giving away branded gifts and promotional items. 83% of people like receiving useful branded gifts they can enjoy all year round.
- Encourage repeat business during the busy holiday season by creating holiday punch cards to keep people coming back. Repeat customers are 6-7 times less expensive for your business than new customer acquisitions.
- Do you have related products or services that you’d like to cross-promote? Create a mini catalog or look-book of your most popular product and service pairings. This way customers can easily see a snapshot of what you offer.
- Bring customers into your business by sending an Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) piece to carrier routes surrounding your location. You’ll be able to saturate an area at an affordable postage rate.
- Boost seasonal sales by mailing a series of 3 postcards with discounts to customers that have purchased from you this year. Want to save on print? Print triple amounts of the same postcard and mail to your customers 3 separate times to enforce brand recognition.
- Host a holiday open house complete with appetizers and beverages. Send special VIP invitations to your best clients. You can even have special prices on purchases made the day of the event.
- Create a festive rack card and include it with every purchase. The rack card can include a special, discount, or promote a new product. A great way to spread awareness is to put upcoming sales dates through the end of the year on them.
- Send a holiday greeting card to your customers, vendors, and clients. The holidays are a great time to say thank you while wishing them a happy holiday season with family and friends.
- Pump up your social media presence by asking your audience holiday-themed questions. Don’t know where to start? Try asking about their favorite traditions, foods, or gift of all time. Ask people to share it with their network too to build awareness and engagement.
- Have a huge one-day sale with steep discounts. Mail a sneak peek of the date and pricing and let them know something big is coming!
- You don’t have to have an online storefront to offer a deal on Cyber Monday. Email your customer base a coupon they can redeem in-store only on Cyber Monday.
- Offer a gift certificate incentive to motivate shoppers to purchase gift certificates for their family and friends. It can be as easy as a $5 or $10 bonus gift certificate when they purchase a gift certificate with a value of $25 or $50. This way you’ll get future business from the gift giver and the recipient!
- Offer inexpensive branded gift packaging. You’ll be able to make holiday shopping easier for customers and brand your business at the same time. Custom gift bags are an affordable way for you brand your business. With a multitude of color and material options, you’ll be able to find the perfect fit for your brand.
- Participate in Giving Tuesday and offer to donate a certain amount per purchase made on that day. You can choose a local charity or a cause that’s near and dear to your company or employees. Make arrangements ahead of time and ask the charity of your choice to cross-promote with you.
- Hold a holiday themed contest. You can give away gift certificates, upscale branded items, or free services in exchange for customers participating. Make sure you have participants do something that helps promote your business as a form of entry. Suggestions could be to sign up for your mailing list, share your social media page, or sign up for your email newsletter.
Do you have a question about how to implement these ideas or need more? Feel free to ask us on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter! Don’t forget to give Konhaus Marketing a call at 717-731-9456 to help streamline your holiday marketing. We can consult, create, print, and mail your marketing so you can focus on what you do best!