March Marketing Ideas and Inspiration
by Mary Clayton, Digital Marketing Manager
Month Long Celebrations:
Employee Spirit Month
- Happy employees take great pride in their company. Employee appreciation is not about the expense – it’s about the sentiment. Host a luncheon for your employees and be sure to place pictures on your social media pages and newsletter!
- Give each employee a personalized gift with a set of customized stationery, including note cards, envelopes, and tablets. They’ll love seeing their name or monogram in print!
National Peanut Month
- Are you nuts about your customers? Let them know by sending them a peanut-themed thank you card! They’ll appreciate the random act of thanks!
- Sneak a peanut trivia question into your monthly newsletter. You can give away a gift certificate to a grand prize winner, and a special “thanks for participating” coupon to those who played along!
American Red Cross Month
- Host a dress down day to benefit your local American Red Cross Chapter! Take a staff picture or get a few photos of participants to share on your social media networks. Have employees pay $1-$5 dollars and donate the proceeds to charity.
- Do any of your employees volunteer for American Red Cross? If so, do a write up on them in your newsletter or on your blog, and be sure to promote it on your social media pages.
International Ideas Month
- This is a great time to have a brainstorming session! Order a few pizzas and invite colleagues from all over to come and share their ideas about your company and how you can make things even better! Write down everyone’s ideas and later take the data and categorize it into marketing, organizational, sales, etc.
- Encourage your clients to always be coming up with ideas by giving them a small branded notebook with a pen that they can take with them on-the-go!
Saint Patrick’s Day – March 17
– Keep in touch with your current customers by sending them a lucky deal, and include a spread your luck refer-a friend coupon to help bring in new customers! Make sure the best deal or discount goes to your current customers.
Easter – March 27
– Sponsor a local easter egg hunt and provide branded giveaways like crayons and coloring books to all participants.
Next Month Preview
- Keep America Beautiful Month
- National Humor Month
- Customer Loyalty & Appreciation Month
- Stress Awareness Month