Top 5 Websites with Awesome Marketing Content
By Mary Clayton, Digital Marketing Manager
Oh, the internet. A treasure trove of funny cat videos, endless distractions, and social connections. Oh yeah, and some sweet resources for things you do daily from cooking a new recipe to figuring out (aka Googling) how to get the paper unjammed from your printer. As busy professionals, we sometimes forget in front of us is an entire world of knowledge from fellow marketers, just like us! Reading marketing content from around the internet is a great way to take a moment away from your day-to-day for professional growth.
Here are some of the great places I go for ideas, inspiration, and a few laughs about our industry:
- https://www.business2community.com/marketing – A community of thousands of marketers with all different specialties sharing insights on everything from budgets to ways to get over a creative block.
- https://www.marketingprofs.com/ – Great blogs on topics like social media, email marketing and marketing strategy. They also host paid webinars and seminars on many new and emerging topics. The only downside is that you have to sign up for a free membership to read all of the articles.
- https://www.dmnews.com/ – Direct Marketing News is a phenomenal website that features trends and best practices to keep you informed. My favorite section is their case studies area where you can see how big brands and industry specifics are able to make it in the marketing world.
- https://www.marketingsherpa.com/ – My favorite feature of this site is the extensive catalog of videos on everything B2B, B2C, and Nonprofit. With the average length of about 30 minutes, I suggest you grab a sandwich and consider it a working lunch.
- https://www.targetmarketingmag.com/ – Target Marketing is an awesome free magazine with an equally awesome website. Topics on both traditional and emerging marketing keep you up to date on some of the newest and coolest technologies.
As a busy marketer, I know you don’t have time to visit these sites daily, but think about signing up for their email digests and RSS feeds to keep you at the top of your game. While you’re at it don’t forget to sign up for our once a month email newsletter Ahead of the Curve!
Do you have a favorite marketing website not listed? If so, send the link on over to me at firstname.lastname@example.org! We marketers always need to stick together. I’ll be sure to include it in a follow-up blog!