by Mary Clayton, Digital Marketing Manager
The New Year is an amazing time for marketers! We get the opportunity to start the year off fresh and improve upon last year by adding new ideas while taking the things we learned from the last year into account. For me, the most important part of being a marketer is fluidity. You have to be willing to change, grow and do it all over again throughout the year if you want to stay relevant, interesting, and awesome.
So often we’re bogged down in a never ending to-do list that we need a reminder to take a second, breathe, and think about where we’ve been and where we need to go to make our businesses or organizations better. Planning doesn’t need to take days of every staff person’s time.
Zip through the process with these tips:
- Get away from your computer! It’s so easy to answer “just one more” email or call that you’ll never get a chance to actually sit back and plan.
- Make a cup of coffee or tea, grab a snack, and get away from your desk. Find a spare space where you can focus on the task at hand that is completely away from your desk/phone/computer.
- Leave your cell phone on your desk. Okay, I know how hard it is to leave behind, but it will be okay. Going low tech will keep you from procrastinating or letting other distractions interrupt you.
- Sit down with a pen, calendar, and plenty of paper to take notes. If an idea pops into your head, write it down and visit it later. Need a calendar? Click here to request your FREE Ultimate Marketing Calendar!
- Download our Free Marketing Checklist by filling out the form below to get on track with your marketing planning!