August Marketing Ideas and Inspiration
By Mary Clayton, Digital Marketing Manager
Month Long Celebrations:
Back to School Month
- Boost your customer list by raffling off a fully loaded back to school bookbag! Include snacks, gift cards, and school supplies! Print padded forms that people can fill out their email and address so you can add them to your newsletter lists to market all year round!
- Print black and white coloring pages and hold a back to school contest with a gift certificate as the main prize. Connect your print with online and ask participants to snap a picture and tag you on social media for an additional entry to win.
Admit You’re Happy Month
- If you’re anything like me, you get sick of seeing upsetting stories on social media all of the time. Now’s your chance to flip the script and flood your Facebook and Twitter pages with tips on how to be happier all month long!
- Mail a thank you postcard to your customers letting them know why you’re so happy to be working with them! You’ll instantly be able to make your recipient’s day!
- Purchase jars of peach preserves and apply labels with your logo and information. Give them away to customers and prospects helping them have a peachy day.
- Give readers a sweet treat by adding your favorite peach recipe to your print newsletter content. Although not related to your business, things like this help keep readers engaged with your content and shake up the ordinary.
- Now’s a great time to sponsor a local golf outing. An excellent way to extend your reach after the event is to include branded tees and balls into the giveaway bags so they’ll see your logo every time they are on the green.
- Invite your top clients to enjoy a day of golf or ask a few to complete your foursome at an upcoming local charity outing.
- Host an end of summer picnic for your employees and clients. Rent a pavilion at a local park and bring yard games for additional entertainment.
- Offer a branded picnic blanket as a freebie when your customers spend a certain dollar amount. Bonus: you can use any leftover items as giveaways around fall sports season.
Home Business Month
- More than half of the small businesses in the US are home based. Purchase a mailing list of home based businesses and send them a personalized letter about how you can help them with their unique needs.
- Do you have a customer list of home based businesses? Send a special edition of your email newsletter and link to awesome articles about productivity and home office design. Don’t forget to include a great coupon exclusively for them.
August 7 – International Beer Day
August 9 – Book Lovers Day
August 13 – National Left Hander’s Day
August 15 – Relaxation Day
August 26 – National Dog Day
Next Month Preview:
Self Improvement Month
National Coupon Month
National Courtesy Month
Baby Safety Month
Want a custom idea for your business? Give us a call at (717) 731-9456, let us know a little bit about what you’re looking to achieve, and we’ll hook you up!